Kenya Airways General Information on
Please send a
written claim to the Airline, Cargo General Sales Agent (GSA) or Cargo Handling
Agent (GHA). View the
contact details here.
The following are the documents required to
process a claim:
Please make sure that they are all attached to the email you
are sending for faster processing of your claim.
- Original Air Waybill / Original Courier Bag Voucher
- Original Delivery Receipt / Release Order
- Original Purchase Receipts / Invoices
- Packing List
- Cargo Irregularity Report
- Short-landed Cargo Certificate
- Letter Of Claim With List Of Items And Prices
- Name and address of Insurers if separate Insurance was arranged
Applicable Liability Regimes on Cargo Claims
Airways legal liability for cargo is subject to the General Conditions of
Carriage for Cargo. The following conventions also apply for international
Warsaw Convention 1929
Warsaw Convention as amended by The Hague on 28th September
Warsaw Convention as amended by additional Protocol No. 1 of
Warsaw Convention as amended at The Hague 1955 and by
Protocol No. 4 of Montreal 1975
Montreal Convention 1999 (MC99).
For domestic carriage in Kenya, local laws apply, usually
identical to Warsaw Convention provisions.